Wednesday, July 23, 2008

TWILIGHT

A lot of people are crazy about this book, and I'm one of them. I think what's so special about Stephenie Meyer's vampire series is that the said vampires have attitude. Not in the bad sense, but they're all different in their own ways. The most loved character is probably Edward Cullen, who is this uptight, overprotective and absolutely gorgeous 17-year-old vampire. I don't know why, but I love the age 17. It sounds not too young, and not too old, you know?

There's also Alice, who loves shopping and is stereotypically girly, which is a nice change from the (sometimes) solemn atmosphere of the book. Jasper's a
"tall, blond vampire who looked like a brooding movie star". He's quite intimidating to the main character, Bella. And so forth.

Stephenie's got this amazing ability to create lovable characters and complicated relationships between them.

I love Jacob. He's sweet. I almost cried the second time I read Eclipse. It was just so sad. But I trust Stephenie to give him a happy ending!

(I'm so excited about this) She said that she had various inspirations for the books she wrote. Like Twilight was based on a dream she had, and New Moon was inspired by Romeo and Juliet. And she said Breaking Dawn was inspired by A Midsummer Night's Dream and something else she couldn't mention! I think that means that the characters (presumably Edward, Bella and Jacob) will have their lovers mixed up! Just like in A Midsummer Night's Dream. That is like soo cool! It's gonna be awesome! Breaking Dawn, I mean.

And I realise how Bella never gets mad at Edward. I wish she'd get mad at him once in a while. I don't know why I wish this, so I'll just have to say: I'm insane like that.

Me, Myself and I

No comments: