Thursday, October 23, 2008

just plain craziness

Nice day, man.

Started off as usual mornings do--sucky. I mean, when you have to wake up at 5.30 (okay, 5.45) in the morning, how can it not be sucky? They are worsened when there's mass run. So you think to yourself, "Why am I waking up anyway? For what, mass run? I must be deluded." Which, obviously, isn't much to go on if you want to survive those dreary mornings.

Yeah, got sidetracked just now by pingings of the MSN people. So where was I? Oh, yes. So after that we spent two short hours in class doing virtually nothing (okay, fine, we pretended to clean the O-Level classroom, which was squeaky-clean anyway) and then I went for choir (after much decision-making) and it was actually quite fun, although I had a bothersome sorethroat and could only sing the normal range. I totally adore Money, Money, Money though I no doubt suck at singing it.

And then after choir, I met up with Adeline and we travelled on the MRT and then I went to Mith's house for the Horror Movie Marathon, which I vowed I would not attend, due to the recent increase in horror movie watchation. But you know, I was super high after choir, so I was like, What the hell. I don't wanna go home so soon. So I went to Mith's.

It was hilarious, non-scary (for which I was thankful) and funky. Only one word to describe it--funky. When you put Mith, Shereen, Priya and HY in a room togther, that's the only thing that you'll get. Of course I add a certain amount of hysteria to the situation, too. And the babies were so cute! Priya and I spent the whole time gushing over them while Shereen insulted their many forefathers by wrongly comparing their faces to some teachers we know very well.

So, yes. That was crazy. But fun, very much.

And another triumph to round off the day well. We got our list of English assignments that we have to do for the hols and guess what? "I've already done two of the selection of essays on my own will on my Tablet before I even knew about this homework," chirped Zina/Mona smugly. They were "Money is the root of all evil" and "Describe your ideal home". They were both very fun to write. So I suggest, all Sec 2 souls, that you attempt them. Sigh. The ideal home one was such a freaking Primary School daydream come to life, uh, paper. I say Primary School because I now know that daydreaming doesn't mean that it will come true, so I don't waste time dreaming about gorgeous homes anymore.

I mean, look at Scream. And a hell lot of other slasher movies. Multi-storeyed houses didn't do them a hell lot of good, did they? In fact, if I was alone in my imagined ideal home, I'd be scared out of my wits if my parents stepped out for the evening with my little brother.So many corridors and rooms and levels the murderer could be hiding in...

And that is why, ladies and gentlemen, watching too many horror movies is detrimental to health.

No comments: