I have to get that CD.
Katy Perry's, I mean. Her songs are seriously addictive. The lyrics are surprisingly interesting and good. She's mostly popular for "I Kissed a Girl", which reached the UK No. 1 Singles Chart and probably the Billboard, too. That song's pretty controversial, I guess. Cause she's obviously a girl herself singing about kissing girls. Well...it was banned from radio stations in Singapore because of "glamorized lesbianism". Which doesn't say much, for this is relatively...what's the word again?...modest? Singapore. But in my opinion, the song kinda evens itself out by saying "It's felt so wrong, It felt so right" like it's just a phase or whatever. An experiment.
Well, whatever. Katy also has a song on her new album, "Ur So Gay". Which was stuck in my head the last few weeks. Some of you might've heard me singing it under my breath. Or out loud. The lyrics are funny, and so is the video. The song's about this guy who acts totally gay (wears make-up, buys branded scarves, obsesses over weight, etc) but actually isn't. I can name someone who's like that...but let's not get into that. Given my fascination with all things gay (after I read this book "Pretty Things", the whole sexuality thing is interesting to me), I liked this song so much, I kinda listened to it twenty times a day.
Now, don't shoot me looks of incredulity or bewilderment at me just yet, cause I'm just curious about such things. That's just me.
Woah, I've just blathered quite a lot. But yeah, I like writing, so.
Which brings me to that totally wacky late-coming essay I wrote that gives the reader the impression that I was totally high when I was doing it. I was sentenced to writing a 300-word essay on "Self-discipline" for two counts of late-coming. I'd completely forgotten about it till my mother confiscated my Tablet for excessive usage and I had to resort to continuing the story I was writing on paper (paper!). Then I kinda remembered the essay and started writing that instead. It started out all fine, until I started to feel bored and ended up writing an entire essay in ten minutes. I ended it with a totally sarcastic paragraph, which now that I'm in the right mind, think might get me into trouble if the teacher reads it. Oh, well. Just goes to show sometimes punishment can be fun...when you can control it, no?
No comments:
Post a Comment